Saturday, October 31, 2015

First signing event thing.

I want you all to know I wrote this blog already. It's true I really did, but you see I wrote it on my app and it happens to crash everytime i try to upload. So here we are writing it on the internet, which is acceptable. It has been awhile and I apologize for that, but writing books and having a full time job and a family can make hard to keep up with a blog. I will try to post more though. Even if it's not writing news.
Anyway my first signing event thing. WOOT! Well it wasn't mine specifically but a local bookstore putting on a local book fair that I was at. Kinda the same thing. It was a lot fun though and I sold all the copies of The Wendigo and the Werewolf that I brought. Met some very nice people too. It was only a couple hours long which is understandable. We all only had so many books and we all have more to write to share with you wonderdul people. I did have a bit of an apithany while I was there.
This may not be news to some bit I realized that my biggest fans were those close to me. The ones who pushed me to go further, the ones who buy copies of everything you do and share with people they know, and support you in all you do. I told them that at tue book fair and almost started crying. I realized that those arw the people you want around you. Not these negative people who don't think you will succeed and put you down at every corner. The kind of people who won't even acknowledge what your trying to and consider it a waste of time. If you find yourself struggling with your craft ir your dream. Examine the people close to you and how they feel about what you're tryi g ro accomplish. If their attitude is negetive it might be time to set them loose. They could be sabotaging what you're trying to do. Not directly of course but just their bad attitude could be contaminating your brain to guide you to fail. Take from me I've been there before. Time and again I would try to do something more to escape the mundane of the 9 to 5 drull and it wasn't till I found the right people that I began to flourish and felt proud of what I have done so far.
Just a little insight that I hope helps. Here are some pictures from the fair. I would like to thank my cousin, aunt, and in-laws for the pictures.
Till next time late...


No comments:

Post a Comment