Saturday, August 22, 2015

Welcome to the internet. I am the Bearded Jon the Lone Writer trying to make it in this cutthroat publishing game. I'm currently self published with one book under my belt, and have one more soon to come. A third is in the works as well...Why self published you ask. It's an easy answer. Rejection! I know for some writers going through all the rejection letters you get from publishers and agents is supposed to be a right of passage, but I said FUCK THAT! Now please believe that I by no means think I am the next Stephan King or Tolkien, but I really enjoy the stories I tell. I did try too. I sent in my query to several agents and publishers and got nothing but "Oh I'm sorry but we're a little busy at the moment." or "I'm sorry your story doesn't sound like something we handle."

That's great.

Now it may have been impatience or inexperience, but I needed to share my work with the world, or at least my immediate friends and family. So I did it. I put my book on createspace and kindle. It was a little scary, but their instructions were the easiest I've ever read. I uploaded it and what do you know I have a published book easy as that, and you know what I was selling them. That I mark up to my awesome friends and family that shelled out their hard earned pennies for my two hundred page masterpiece(at least I thought so).

As time went on of course sales drop. One thing that publishers and agents do for you is ADVERTISE. Which is totally necessary if  you ever want to sell a damn thing in this world. So here I begin my tale. It's been about three months, sales are slow, but I have my first book out before I'm thirty and people are reading it. AWESOME!!!

Again I know what you're what you're thinking. "So what the hell is this book about?"

It's The Wendigo and the Werewolf. Think of it as a supernatural western. Our story follows a woman trained by her late father to hunt and kill monsters. It's got violence, monsters, gunfights, adventure, a smidgen of romance, and a promise of continuity.

If you get a chance give it a gander. It's something that I enjoyed writing. If you do let me know what you thought. Good, bad, I want to know.

By the way this blog will not be nothing but shameless plugs. I may just have rant about somebodies hygiene or how some people are extremely annoying. Maybe about particular books, comics, or movies I like.

Who knows. 

By the way all of this I owe to my excellent, dead sexy wife. Without her I wouldn't have had the drive I do now. What they say about pairing up with positive people really works.


No comments:

Post a Comment